Former prosecutor to remain in custody until March 4
- Court to consider reinstatement of prosecutor involved in gambling scandal
- Ex-prosecutor investigated in gambling case appeals to court
- Prosecutor involved in gambling scandal to be investigated further
- Moscow Region police chief interrogated in gambling case
- High-ranking Moscow Region police officer detained on gambling charges
MOSCOW, November 3 - RAPSI, Igor Petrushov. A court extended until March 4, 2012 the custody of former Moscow Region prosecutor Dmitry Urumov, accused of taking bribes from an owner of illegal casino network, his attorney Yury Mikhailov told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI) on Thursday.
Uncovered several months ago, the high-profile Moscow regional illegal casino scandal incited a public uproar. Businessman Ivan Nazarov allegedly operated illegal casinos in 15 towns across the region. According to the law enforcement authorities, several high-ranking officials of prosecutor's offices and the Interior Ministry were involved in the casino operation, which generated between $5 million and $10 million in revenue monthly.