Chairman - Oleg Sviridenko
Russia’s Federal Constitutional Law On Commercial Courts in the Russian Federation and Arbitration Procedure Code, which presently determine the system, composition and structure of commercial courts and the form of their activities, were adopted in 1995.
The commercial court network operates based on Article 127 of the Constitution and Article 4 (3) of the Federal Constitutional Law On Judicial System.
Under Article 36 of the Federal Constitutional Law On Commercial Courts No. 1 - FKZ on the Judicial System, dated April 28, 1995, the Moscow Commercial Court:
- handles cases which are under the jurisdiction of Russia’s commercial courts excluding cases under the jurisdiction of the Supreme Commercial Court as a original jurisdiction court;
- revises upon the discovery of new facts judicial acts that have been adopted by the court and entered into effect;
- addresses the Constitutional Court, requesting the examination of the validity of a law applied or subject to application in a case considered in any instance;
- studies and summarizes judicial practice;
- develops proposals on improving laws and other legal acts;
- analyzes judicial statistics.