Navalny challenges resumption of Kirovles case
MOSCOW, July 31 - RAPSI. Opposition leader and renowned blogger Alexei Navalny has appealed the resumption of the Kirovles company case against him in the Basmanny District Court, his defense attorney Vadim Kobzev told the Russian Legal Information Agency on Tuesday.
According to Kobzev, Navalny has appealed the investigator's reversal of the April 12 resolution to close the case. The appeals hearing date has yet to be scheduled.
The Investigative Committee once again brought charges against Navalny in the case on Tuesday.
He has been allowed to remain free on his own recognizance.
"Navalny has been charged with the organization of large-scale property misappropriation," the committee's spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
Navalny previously served as an adviser to the Kirov governor. Earlier, investigators looked into Navalny's activities as an adviser and concluded that he persuaded the Kirovles management into signing an unfavorable timber contract.
In May 2011, the committee said it was opening a case against Navalny for causing property damage through deceit or abuse of trust punishable by up to five years in prison.
A year later, Navalny wrote on his LiveJournal blog that the case was closed.
The news was confirmed by a local investigator.
However, Markin later said the decision had been reversed.