Рейтинг@Mail.ru
RusEng

News

No new case initiated against VEB executive, attorney

15:23 30/11/2012

MOSCOW, November 30 - RAPSI. A new criminal case has not been opened against Vnesheconombank Deputy Chairman Anatoly Ballo. However, a pre-investigation is underway, the banker's attorney Tagir Samakayev told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI/rapsinews.com) on Friday.

The lawyer also cited several publications that claimed new charges had been brought against Ballo, although no criminal case has been initiated. He said Ballo continues to work at the bank, adding that the investigators previously attempted to have him dismissed, but failed.
Samakayev also said the investigators did not notify Ballo about the embezzlement case at the bank in a timely manner.

Earlier, the Interior Ministry reported that it was holding an examination into the embezzlement of funds allocated to the Resad company. "According to the investigators, VEB granted credit to Resad in August 2008. According to the investigators' preliminary data, the allocated funds were embezzled through a special financial scheme using a subsidiary company," the police said in a press release. A criminal case has not yet been opened into the matter. Media earlier reported that 4.5 billion rubles ($144.5 million) were stolen.

A criminal case on the embezzlement of $14 million has already been initiated against Ballo. According to investigators, he and his accomplices stole funds in 2008 that were part of the credit granted to VEB subsidiary Evraziyskiy to purchase a 100-percent stake in Yugvodokanal's charter capital. VEB has been Evraziyskiy's major shareholder since 2006. Investigators found that the stolen funds were deposited into Swiss bank accounts and charged a VEB top manager with fraud.

Initially, Ballo was brought into the case as a witness, but a separate case was later opened against him.

Share thisE-mail this articlesubmit newsAdd to blogrss feed
Add to blog
To link to this material, copy the code to your blog.
Publishing code:
Preview:

No new case initiated against VEB executive, attorney

15:23 30/11/2012 A new criminal case has not been opened against Vnesheconombank Deputy Chairman Anatoly Ballo. However, a pre-investigation is underway, the banker's attorney Tagir Samakayev told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI/rapsinews.com) on Friday.
Forward news story

All fields are mandatory!

Submit news

All fields are mandatory!

Share this

Top news