Ukraine's ousted president Yanukovich put on Interpol wanted list
- Ukrainian ex-president Yanukovich claims he had no bank accounts abroad
- Law under which Yanukovich can be tried in absentia becomes effective in Ukraine
- Yanukovich and his sons contest EU sanctions in court - report
- Ukraine opens tax evasion case against Yanukovich’s son
- Switzerland freezes multimillion assets of Yanukovich and his team - report
MOSCOW, January 12 (RAPSI) – On Monday, Interpol has issued a wanted notice for ex-President Viktor Yanukovich of Ukraine, his son and several former government officials, according to Interpol's website.
Interpol also issued a Red Notice, which means a person is wanted for prosecution or to serve a sentence, for Yanukovich's son Aleksandr , ex-Prime Minister Nikolai Azarov, ex-Healthcare Minister Raisa Bohatyryova and ex-Finance Minister Yuriy Kolobov.
According to Yanukovich’s Interpol profile, he is wanted in Ukraine for misappropriation, embezzlement or conversion of property by malversation, if committed in respect of an especially gross amount, or by an organized group.