Рейтинг@Mail.ru
RusEng

News

Russian journalist Kashin names suspects in brutal attack on him

10:26 07/09/2015

MOSCOW, September 7 (RAPSI) – Russian investigative journalist Oleg Kashin named suspects who allegedly took part in a brutal attack that had left him in a coma for a week in November 2010, RIA Novosti reported on Monday.

“My case has been solved. The perpetrators have been established and two of them have been arrested,” he said in a statement.

Kashin said he was attacked by Danila Veselov, Vyacheslav Borisov and Mikhail Kavtaskin.

According to Kashin, Veselov and Kavtaskin were charged on June 24 and 25, respectively, under Part 3 of Article 30 of the Russian Criminal Code on attempted serious crimes that were inadvertently interrupted, and under two clauses of Article 105 on premeditated or contract murder by a group of individuals.

Kashin said on his website that Borisov, who is on the federal wanted list, had been charged in absentia.

The three individuals worked in the security department of the Leninets Holding Company, which designs and manufactures aircraft electronics and precision weapons targeting systems. The St. Petersburg-based holding company belongs to the family of Pskov Region Governor Andrei Turchak. Its chief executive is Alexander Gorbunov, who, according to Veselov and Kavtaskin, organized their trip to Moscow where they attacked Kashin.

Kashin, who had harshly criticized the authorities, the president and the government, was severely beaten in the early hours of November 6, 2010 and was hospitalized in serious condition. The same day then President Dmitry Medvedev instructed Prosecutor General Yury Chaika and Interior Minister Rasheed Nurgaliyev to take the investigation under direct control and do everything necessary to solve the crime.

Share thisE-mail this articlesubmit newsAdd to blogrss feed
Add to blog
To link to this material, copy the code to your blog.
Publishing code:
Preview:

Russian journalist Kashin names suspects in brutal attack on him

10:26 07/09/2015 Russian investigative journalist Oleg Kashin named suspects who allegedly took part in a brutal attack that had left him in a coma for a week in November 2010.
Forward news story

All fields are mandatory!

Submit news

All fields are mandatory!

Share this

Top news