Investigation extended into Politkovskayas murder
- Investigators to file charges in Politkovskaya murder
- Suspected mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder denies charges
- Former police Lt. Colonel brought to Moscow court for Politkovskaya murder case
- Court to issue arrest warrant in Politkovskaya murder
- Investigators have information on mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder
MOSCOW, August 31 - RAPSI, Irina Tumilovich. The Investigative Committee has extended until December 7 the investigation into Anna Politkovskayas murder, Anna Stavitskaya, Politkovskayas attorney, told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI).
"We were notified today that the investigation has been prolonged for three months," the attorney said.
Politkovskaya, well-known for her investigative journalism on human rights offenses in Chechnya, was killed in the elevator of her building on in Moscow, on October 7, 2006. Investigators believe her journalistic activities prompted her murder.