Police delivers criminal to Moscow for Politkovskaya murder investigation
- Investigators to file charges in Politkovskaya murder
- Suspected mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder denies charges
- Former police Lt. Colonel brought to Moscow court for Politkovskaya murder case
- Court to issue arrest warrant in Politkovskaya murder
- Investigators have information on mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder
MOSCOW, September 28 - RAPSI. A criminal serving time for attempting to murder an Ukrainian businessman has been delivered to Moscow to take part in the investigation of a renowned journalist's slaying, the Investigative Committee reported on Wednesday.
Lom-Ali Gaitukayev has been delivered to Moscow at the request of the investigators probing the murder of Novaya Gazeta columnist Anna Politkovskaya. Gaitukayev was sentenced by the Moscow City Court to 12 years in prison for planning a businessmans murder in Ukraine.
According to the report, the investigators are considering carrying out investigative actions against Gaitukayev to check if he was involved in Politkovskaya's murder.
Politkovskaya, who was well-known for her investigative journalism on human rights offenses in Chechnya, was killed in the elevator of her building on Lesnaya Street in
Moscow on October 7, 2006. Investigators believe her journalistic activities prompted her murder.