Putin doubtful about switch to elective judiciary
- Putin proposes to set up court for disputes with officials
- Putin: Businessmen associations to get right to defend interests in court
- Putin: Russia will have businessmen's rights commissioner
- Putin: commercial disputes to be decriminalized by 2013
- Putin: Administrative courts to be established to hear complaints against authorities
NOVO-OGARYOVO, February 6 - RAPSI. Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he has doubts about whether it is the right time to switch to an elective judiciary.
"Today, we have an integral procedure and we should modify it. But what is the point of switching to an elective judiciary right away? I think the quality of our judicial manpower will be tainted. We face problems in all areas and the judiciary is no exception. However, if we switch to a different procedure, we will add political aspects to this issue. Why should we do this?"
Putin made the statement on Monday at a meeting with political analysts.