Рейтинг@Mail.ru
RusEng

News

Block of Domodedovo accounts to be lifted after all claims withdrawn – official

19:19 22/06/2016

MOSCOW, June 22 (RAPSI, Diana Gutsul) – The accounts of Dmitriy Kamenshchik, the actual owner of the Domodedovo airport, had been blocked to secure civil claims and this block is to be lifted as soon as all claims are withdrawn, Vladimir Markin, the Russia’s Investigative Committee official spokesperson told RAPSI on Wednesday.

In the framework of the investigation into the 2011 terror attack on Domodedovo airport the victims lodged claims seeking to compensate damages totaling to over 1 billion rubles (about $15 million), so, to secure these claims in case there is a guilty verdict investigators petitioned the court to block an account of Dmitriy Kamenshchik, the actual owner of the Domodedovo airport, amounting to 1 billion rubles (about $15 million). Today the court granted this petition and ruled to block the account, Markin said.

According to the Investigative Committee spokesperson, the Domodedovo management had established a charity fund to make payments to the persons injured in the terror attack and that in this connection civil claims were being withdrawn. In case all these claims are fully withdrawn, the grounds to block the account should become inapplicable.

The Domodedovo airport owner Dmitriy Kamenshchik and several other ex-managers have been charged in the case over 2011 terrorist attack. According to investigators, they have not provided sufficient security level that let the suicide bomber freely enter the arrival lounge and set off an explosive.

A suicide bomber detonated a bomb in the Domodedovo Airport’s international arrivals hall, killing 37 people and injuring 172, on January 24, 2011.

Doku Umarov, Russia’s most wanted terrorist at the time, claimed responsibility for the attack. Altogether, 28 men connected with the terrorist organization called the Caucasus Emirate were linked to the attack, according to the investigators. Seventeen of them were killed in special operations in 2011, and four were detained.

In November 2013, a Moscow Region court sentenced three men to life in prison and a fourth man to 10 years for their role in the suicide bombing.

Share thisE-mail this articlesubmit newsAdd to blogrss feed
Add to blog
To link to this material, copy the code to your blog.
Publishing code:
Preview:

Block of Domodedovo accounts to be lifted after all claims withdrawn – official

19:19 22/06/2016 The accounts of Dmitriy Kamenshchik, the actual owner of the Domodedovo airport, had been blocked to secure civil claims and this block is to be lifted as soon as all claims are withdrawn.
Forward news story

All fields are mandatory!

Submit news

All fields are mandatory!

Share this

Top news