Former police officer charged with murdering journalist Politkovskaya
- Police delivers criminal to Moscow for Politkovskaya murder investigation
- Investigators to file charges in Politkovskaya murder
- Suspected mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder denies charges
- Former police Lt. Colonel brought to Moscow court for Politkovskaya murder case
- Court to issue arrest warrant in Politkovskaya murder
- Investigators have information on mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder
MOSCOW, October 27 - RAPSI. The investigators officially charged on Thursday former police officer Sergei Hadzhikurbanov with organizing the murder of renowned journalist Anna Politkovskaya, a source in the law enforcement services told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI).
Politkovskaya, who was well-known for her investigative journalism on human rights offenses in Chechnya, was killed in Moscow on October 7, 2006.
The investigators believe her journalistic activities prompted her murder.
The charges brought against Hadzhikurbanov were revised as new individuals have been included into the case, the source said. The police have detained the alleged murderer Rustam Makhmudov and former police officer Dmitry Pavlyuchenkov.
The investigators are also expected to bring revised charges against other defendants, he added.