Moscow court dismisses complaint over investigation into Egyptian plane crash
- Families of Airbus A321 crash victims to sue plane’s owner for damages - report
- Complaint over alleged investigators’ inaction in Airbus A321 case to be heard by court
- Families of Airbus A321 crash victims seek prompt investigation of tragedy
- Terror attack is cause of Airbus A321 crash in Egypt – Russian official
MOSCOW, January 13 (RAPSI) – Moscow’s Basmanny District Court on Wednesday dismissed a complaint against investigators which had been filed by families of passengers killed in the Kogalymavia crash in Egypt, RAPSI reports from the courtroom.
Families accuse investigators of inaction during their investigation of the crash that killed 224 passengers aboard.
As of today, nobody knows what’s going on with the case, under which articles it is being investigated and whether investigators have already returned from Egypt, the lawyer for the relatives of the victims, Igor Trunov, said earlier.
The families initially requested that the head of the Investigative Committee, Alexander Bastrykin, look into the allegations. Bastrykin did not respond to a request, and families turned to court, Trunov said.
The Airbus A321, operated by Russian airline Kogalymavia, crashed into a mountainous area of Egypt's Sinai peninsula on October 31. The airliner was flying from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to St Petersburg in Russia.
A militant group linked to Islamic State said in a statement that it had brought down the plane in response to Russian airstrikes in Syria.