MOSCOW, September 19 - RAPSI. A case involving the attempted bombing of the Sapsan train running from Moscow to St.Petersburg has been submitted to the court, Prosecutor General's Office spokesperson Marina Gridneva said Wednesday.
On July 18, 2011, Federal Security Service (FSB) head Alexander Bortnikov reported to then-President Dmitry Medvedev that a major terrorist attack had been averted in the Moscow region and the detention of four suspects. He said an explosive device, arms and a map had been seized from the alleged terrorists.
It later became known that they had planned to blow up the Sapsan train.
"Viktor Grin, the deputy prosecutor general, has approved the indictment in the criminal case against Islam Khamzhuyev, Fail Nevlyutov, Mansur Umayev and Mansur Edilbiyev," Gridneva said.
They have been accused of attempting to commit acts of terrorism and thuggery, as well as the illegal acquisition, transfer, sale, transportation, and possession of arms and explosive devices. Khamzhuyev, Umayev and Edelbiyev have also been charged with illegally manufacturing explosive devices. Nevlyutov has been charged with taking part in an illegally armed enterprise.
Khamzhuyev has also been accused of financing and participating in an illegally armed enterprise.
The criminal case has been submitted to the Moscow City Court.