MOSCOW, March 15 - RAPSI. The Moscow police have called on the parties involved in the case of the attack against Bolshoi Theater Artistic Director Sergei Filin not to make conjectures because they could influence the course of investigation.
"Some people's speculations over the investigation process are aimed purely at pressurizing the police. The officers are investigating the case objectively and in compliance with legislation," a PR representative of the Interior Ministry department for Moscow told RIA Novosti.
The spokesperson said that only the investigation can provide true information.
"We respect the fact that people are trying to talk about their knowledge of the case and want to express their opinions. However, we strongly urge them to leave the case in the hands of the able Interior Ministry investigators and not to try to undermine their professional work by making assumptions," the press service representative said.
The ministry representative added that important details and circumstances of the case would be made public as and when they came to light.
Lawyer Sergei Zhorin previously told RAPSI that Bolshoi ballet soloist Pavel Dmitrichenko had not contracted an attack against Sergei Filin, and that the alleged attacker acted at his own discretion without informing the other two persons involved in the case.
Sergei Filin suffered third degree burns to his face and eyes on January 17 when unknown assailants attacked him with what is believed to have been concentrated acid.
Filin, 42, joined the Bolshoi as a dancer in 1988, after graduating from the Moscow School of Choreography. He has also been invited on several occasions to dance with the English, Hungarian and Japanese national ballets, as well as at many other theaters. He ended his dancing career in 2008. In March 2011, he was appointed artistic director of the Bolshoi Theater amid fierce rivalry for the position.