MOSCOW, March 9 (RAPSI) – The Moscow City Court has denied a 50 million-ruble ($694,000) bail to Dmitriy Kamenshchik, the owner of the Domodedovo airport, charged with the provision of services that do not meet security standards in connection with 2011 terrorist attack that left 37 dead, RAPSI reported from the courtroom on Wednesday.

Defense team as well as prosecutors asked the court to release Kamenshchik but their motion was dismissed. The businessman will stay under house arrest until April 18.

Kamenshchik could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

He has pleaded not guilty and expressed his willingness to cooperate with investigators in order to ascertain the truth in the case.

Earlier, the court detained former director of Domodedovo Airport Vyacheslav Nekrasov, Svetlana Trishina, ex-head of Export Management Company Limited and Andrei Danilov, Managing Director of Domodedovo Airport Aviation Security on the same charges. On February 24, Trishina was placed under house arrest.

On January 24, 2011, a suicide bomber detonated a bomb in the Domodedovo Airport’s international arrivals hall, killing 37 people and injuring 172. Doku Umarov, Russia’s most wanted terrorist at the time, claimed responsibility for the attack. Altogether, 28 men connected with the terrorist organization called the Caucasus Emirate were linked to the attack, according to the investigators. Seventeen of them were killed in special operations in 2011, and four were detained.

In November 2013, a Moscow Region court sentenced three men to life in prison and a fourth man to 10 years for their role in the suicide bombing.

The question of Domodedovo Airport’s ownership arose back in 2011, when the investigators first stated that they couldn’t determine the owner of the airport.

The Investigative Committee initiated criminal proceedings against the airport’s former managers for failing to guarantee the safety of passengers, which resulted in the death of two or more people. The airport administration argued that this charge was inapplicable to the case in point and that they were only made responsible for airport entrance control in 2014, after the law on transport security was amended.