MOSCOW, November 9 (RAPSI) – ICC Russia in partnership with the Russian Arbitration Association (RAA) and with active support of the ICC International Court of Arbitration will be hosting its annual conference on “Russia as a Place for Dispute Resolution.”
The conference will be held on December 9 in Moscow at Marriott Hotel Novy Arbat, Pushkin Hall.
The discussion aims to contribute to the development of courts of arbitration and international commercial arbitration in Russia, to advance Russian arbitrators in national and international arbitration institutions and to enhance their professional skills with regards to alternative ways of dispute resolution.
During the course of the conference, the following topics will be proposed for discussion:
• Reform of Russian legislation on domestic and international arbitration
• Application of arbitration clause to nonsignatory parties
• Arbitration in banking and finance: exploding the myths
• Role of the administrative secretary in international arbitration
The program traditionally includes panels spotlighting the latest trends in alternative dispute resolution. This year, the conference keynote speakers include:
• Jose Ricardo Feris, Deputy Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration (Paris)
• Vladimir Khvalei, Vice-President, ICC International Court of Arbitration; Chairman, RAA (Moscow)
• Daria Shirokova , Deputy Counsel, ICC International Court of Arbitration (Paris)
• Albert Jan van den Berg, President, ICCA; Partner, Hanotiau & van den Berg (Amsterdam)
• Georges Affaki, Independent Arbitrator; Chairman, ICC France Banking Commission (Paris)
• Richard Kreindler, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (Frankfurt).
To receive more information about this conference, please contact Lidiya Iarina by email at L.Iarina@iccwbo.ru or Ekaterina Makarenia at E.Makarenia@iccwbo.ru. Tel: +7 (495) 720 50 80.