Court extends arrest of suspect in renowned journalist's murder until March 7
- Former police officer charged with murdering journalist Politkovskaya
- Police delivers criminal to Moscow for Politkovskaya murder investigation
- Investigators to file charges in Politkovskaya murder
- Suspected mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder denies charges
- Former police Lt. Colonel brought to Moscow court for Politkovskaya murder case
- Court to issue arrest warrant in Politkovskaya murder
- Investigators have information on mastermind behind Politkovskaya murder
MOSCOW, December 5 - RAPSI, Diana Gutsul. A Moscow district court has extended until March 7 the arrest of Rustam Makhmudov charged with murdering renowned journalist Anna Politkovskaya, the court told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI/rapsinews.com).
Makhmudov intends to appeal the decision.
Politkovskaya, well-known for her investigative journalism on human rights offenses in Chechnya, was killed in the elevator of her building on Lesnaya Street in Moscow, on October 7, 2006. Investigators believe her journalistic activities prompted her murder.