Moscow PD sets up illegal immigration units
- Immigration offenders might be banned entrance for five years
- Prosecutors disclose 19,000 violations by migration service
- President supports increasing entry bans for migration law violators
- Migration service proposes up to 10-year prison terms to illegal migration organizers
- Putin promises prison to illegal migration organizers
MOSCOW, August 13 - RAPSI. Units to disclose crimes connected with illegal migration included within the Moscow Police Department, the Interior Ministry reports on Monday.
Over 70 police officers will work in the units. Current Moscow police personnel have been reshuffled to outfit them.
In late July, Moscow Interior Ministry Main Department head Anatoly Yakunin said over half the crimes disclosed in Moscow since the start of the year were committed by immigrants at an extended meeting devoted to the Moscow police's work in the first half of the year.
He ordered his subordinates and the Federal Migration Service to pay special attention to their activities to uncover and prevent illegal immigration.