MOSCOW, November 6 - RAPSI. The Moscow District Prosecutor's Office has submitted all evidence in the case of the attempted bombing of the high-speed Sapsan train last summer, Abusulyan Gaytayev, the attorney of one of the defendants, told the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI/rapsinews.com) on Friday.
"The court will start interrogating the defendants at the next hearing on Wednesday," he said.
The criminal case will be heard behind closed doors by a three-judge panel, as the materials are classified.
On July 18, 2011, Federal Security Service head Alexander Bortnikov reported to then-President Dmitry Medvedev that a major terrorist attack had been averted in the Moscow Oblast and four suspects had been detained. He said an explosive device, arms, and a map had been seized.
It later became known that they had planned to blow up the Sapsan train.
"Viktor Grin, the deputy prosecutor general, has approved the indictment in the criminal case against Islam Khamzhuyev, Fail Nevlyutov, Mansur Umayev and Mansur Edilbiyev," Prosecutor General's Office spokesperson Marina Gridneva said earlier.
The four individuals have been accused of attempting to commit acts of terrorism, as well as illegally acquiring, transferring, selling, transporting, and possessing arms and explosive devices.
Khamzhuyev, Umayev and Edelbiyev have also been charged with illegally manufacturing explosives.
Nevlyutov has been charged with taking part in an illegally armed enterprise. Khamzhuyev has also been accused of financing and participating in an illegally armed criminal enterprise.